Monday, September 27, 2010

Alastriel


Here I painted an Elf Sorceress from the Dark Heaven Legends series of Reaper Miniatures. I actually tried to make her look more like an Eladrin from Dungeons and Dragons 4e with the way I did the eyes and the almost silver-pale blonde hair. The most difficult part of painting this piece was the right thigh partially hidden under her dress. Also, painting the area where the cape and the wooden staff meet was difficult - I kept getting brown color on the cape and light tan on the staff, even while using my finest brush!

My overall goal for this piece was to incorporate a lot of color. Mages wield so many different powers and spells and they are such pretty colors. I wanted to show that creative color in her outfit. She could also be played as a Swordmage from 4e since she's got that magical sword in her left hand.

I added the pink highlights in her hair to simulate the light emanating from the gem on the staff. Details details! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment